ECA Group has designed the SPC300 as a profiling sonar for main sewers inspection. For most applications, it is also equipped with an hemispherical viewing colour video camera.
Its main features are :
- mounted on a shuttle, it can operate inside pipes on load, with internal diameter ranging from 400 to 5000 mm and over a distance up to 1200 m from the entry point ; if current is strong enough, it can run downstream by itself ; otherwise it will be towed by a cable or an electric thruster
- profiler has a rotative head : it gives a sharp profile of the internal contours of the pipe and of the eventual silt deposits
- on the surface, the sonar image is visualized in real time on a colour PC monitor.
- ECA Group has developed a PC compatible interpreting software to calculate the volume of sediments in the main sewer from the images provided by the sonar
- It can operate undersea in depth up to 4000 m