ECA Group is recognized as a specialist of test means dedicated to the aircraft functions monitoring, by providing global solutions for aircraft environment. ECA Group provides aircraft operators with a range of diagnostic tools or eGSE – electrical ground support equipment for aircraft development, production and maintenance operations, and among the testing systems designed by ECA GROUP is the overheat detection loop controller.
In all aircraft operational safety tasks, the overheat detection loop must be checked at the end of each production phase and also during the maintenance phase. In order to prevent any fire, which is the most feared scenario in an airplane, all aircraft are equipped with detection and extinguishing systems. These overheat detection systems have to be regularly checked to prevent misfunction.
The overheat detection loop controller is the essential tool for maintenance technicians to check the functioning of the overheat detection loops of an aircraft and to find the loop in defect.
ECA Group overheat detection loop controller is certified to check proper conditions of the aircraft functionalities.
Continuous Fire Detection technologies
Most aircraft use a redundant Continuous Fire Detection - CFD - loop based on sensing elements connected in series to a control unit. These elements are slender Iconel tube packet with thermally sensitive eutectic salt and a nickel wire center conductor
This overheat detection loop controller is a portable EGSE qualified on all Airbus family. It has three measurement modes: continuity, insulation or both.
ECA GROUP’s overheat detection loop controller main technical functionalities include:
- Continuity mode: 1 to 99ohm sensitive core continuity with a precision of 1% of the full scale
- Insulation mode: it measures the parallel capacity of the loop and computes the equivalent of Zc impedance at 1KHz
- Combination of both previous modes continuity and insulation
ECA Group fire loop test tool adaptability
All over the years, ECA Group’s fire loop test tool has extremely evolved and has been completely adapted to aircraft operational requirements, i.e. hand-held, easy-to-use, ergonomic, light, autonomous (8 hours battery), plug & play mode, not set-up required.
Due to the chemical nature of CFD sensing element, they are very sensitive to electrical signal. ECA Group Overheat Detection Loop Controller is designed to safely check the working condition of sensing element loop.
- Qualified for major aircraft programs
- Plug & play, no set-up required
- Continuity and insulation modes
- Battery powered - up to 8 hours of autonomy
- Hand-held, ergonomic and rugged
HERITAGE AND EXPERIENCE
With over 30 years of a confirmed expertise, ECA GROUP’s heritage allows to be a strategic partner with major OEMs and MROs in the development of test systems. ECA Group is able to manage the whole product life cycle.
ECA GROUP has been completing its range of innovative testing systems designed for specific needs. They are developed for technicians to be quickly operational and be as efficient as possible during maintenance, control and inspection operations.
- Application versatility – qualified for major aircraft programs: ECA GROUP’s overheat detection loop controller includes technical features that make it compatible with major aircraft programs. A key positioning: ECA GROUP’s loop controller is recommended by major aircraft worldwide manufacturers. It is referenced in the AMM (Aircraft Maintenance Manual), TSM (TroubleShooting Manual) and referenced in the TEM (Tool Edition Manual)
- No configuration - direct reading of the health of the OHDS/CFD loop: Compared to other solutions, ECA Group OHDS/CFD Loop Controller is the only one which does not have to be configured and thus avoid any human error that could silently damage sensing element. This feature is the prior reason for being used and certified by most of aircraft manufacturers
- Light, user-friendly, ergonomic, completely autonomous, battery powered (up to 8 hours): ECA Group overheat detection Loop Controller is fully adapted to the assembly lines, line and heavy maintenance tasks. It guarantees the harmlessness of the measure. Its intuitive screen provides direct results to be compared with the Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) values.
Technicians of OEMS, aircrafy equipment manufacturers , MROs and specifically :
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul operators
- Assembly lines operators
- Aircraft maintenance
- Aircraft testing
CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND ASSOCIATED SERVICES
ECA GROUP’s overheat detection loop controller is a Ground Support Equipment (GSE) supported through a network of authorized agents and distributors throughout the world.
All services associated with sales, loan and maintenance are being handled by ECA Group GSE Department. A dedicated team responds to all customers requests via the email address.
ECA Group recommends to perform periodic performance verification tasks through its service center network.
All spare parts and repair requests are being managed by ECA GROUP GSE customer services team
- Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU,
- EMC Directive 2014/30/EU,
- RoHS2 Directive 2011/65/EU
ECA Group’s overheat detection loop controller complies with the following standards:
- EN 61326-1 (Mai 2013): Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use - EMC requirements - Part 1: General requirements.
- EN 61010-1 (Janvier 2011): Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 1: General requirements.
- EN 50581 (Janvier 2013): Technical documentation for the assessment of electrical and electronic products with respect to the restriction of hazardous substances