The aWAP solution is an "all-in-one" Server and Wireless Access Point Combination.
aWAP / Wireless Access Point and aWAP-MS Wireless Access Point with Media Server for Aerospace developed by ECA Group offers a comprehensive and modular system providing customers with the most reliable, efficient and secured passenger experience. It provides aircraft cabin with Wi-Fi coverage through a WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network), relying on the latest Wi-Fi standard (802.11ac Wave2). Thanks to these access units, simultaneous HD streaming is possible in cabin with highest capacity and efficiency.
ECA GROUP provides onboard services capabilities
aWAP range is at the forefront of wireless technology, allowing :
- operators to access a wide range of services (Route Management, Onboard Shopping Management, Cabin Crew documents Management, etc …)
- passengers to enjoy various types of entertainments using their personal devices (BYOD Bring Your Own Device) on a secured network
Based on the “Bring Your On Device” concept
ECA GROUP aWAP solution allows aircraft operators to offer their passengers the flexibility to use their own device (BYOD concept) for various internet-based and entertainment services (IFEC - In- Flight Entertainment and Connectivity). aWAP range uses the highest Wi-Fi throughput to optimize passenger experience
A modular and compact design
aWAP is designed as a scalable and modular architecture. It can be customized according to airlines needs in terms of contents / passengers to address. This range of equipment is qualified under the international aeronautical standards (DO-160G).
Easy installation, configuration & maintenance
Thanks to a limited number of compact and light units, aWAP range brings a real advantage to manage installation and maintenance operations. aWAP is designed with a COTS from CISCO Access Point range, with which most operators are already familiar.
This Wireless Access Point range meets the latest standard in wireless connectivity 802.11A/B/G/N/AC (from 450MBPS/2 GHz band up to 1,3GBPS/ 5GHz band)
- Aircraft Operators (Airlines)
- Aircraft Manufacturers
- IFE Systems Integrators
- Completion Centers
- The best professional Wi-Fi COTS Access Point solution with improved set-up and enhanced Troubleshooting Management and Diagnosis
- Embedded 10/100/1000BASE-T switch allowing "Daisy-Chain" Architecture
- Waterproofness (DO-160G Section 10 cat W)
- Low-profile housing
- Quick Installation
- An External Wi-Fi antennas interface
- This Wireless Access Point range meets the latest WI-FI standard in wireless connectivity (802.11ac Wave2) ensuring full compatibility with previous versions
- Qualifications according to DO-160G standards