PC-based training simulator designed for all levels of sonar operators from beginners to the most experienced and skilled teams
Applications for Training & Simulation Sector
Naval Forces Training
- Platform Training:
- Surface Ship Training
- Submarine Training
- Single Operator Training:
- Tactical Training
- Mine Hunting Training
Sonar Simulation could be used for a wide range of end-user:
- Sonar Theory basic training
- Sonar Operators training
- Generic Equipment
- Real Equipment (dedicated training)
- Pedagogic Equipment (enduser proposed layout or new generation equipment)
- ASW training
- Team Training operations
- Analysis study (operations, tactics, environmental, geographical sensors coverage, detection etc...)
- Feasibility study (sensors features, harbor coverage optimization, etc...)
- Mine Hunting
Sonar Simulation Engine
Sonar Simulation Engine (SSE) provides the whole computation considering all the following sonar-related items: environment, platform, weapon and noises.
SonSim is a entry level, PC-based training simulator designed for sonar operators training. The simulator can be adapted to simulate any sonar system, ranging from active to passive sensors.
SonSim is composed of :
- A server that contains the databases, the training session’s initial conditions and run-time recordings, the simulation applications and the system configurations.
- A DBMS station: It plays a basic role for geographical area modeling with particular emphasis for underwater environment definition and for definition of all tactical objects possibly involved in sonar training.
- Instructor station(s) that monitor and interact with all real-time training sessions, manage the briefing and debriefing features.
- Sonar Station(s) those can be used in the context of a standalone sonar training system or integrated with bridge simulator.