ECA Group strengthens its Aerospace division with the acquisition of ELTA
Located in Toulouse, ELTA reported revenue of €15.6 million in 2015, with a workforce of 92 employees. It strengthens the Aerospace division of ECA, also located in Toulouse.
The skills and expertise of ELTA are structured around three major areas: secure electronic systems, radio transmission and measurement. ELTA applies its expertise in:
- Aerospace, offering a range of equipment for aircraft: emergency locator beacons, for which ELTA is one of the key players worldwide, connectivity and energy conversion equipment;
- Space, where ELTA provides ground stations and balloon systems (platform gondola combined with ground station), together with electronic equipment (mainly radio frequency, microwave and signal processing equipment).
ELTA will strengthen ECA's aerospace expertise through its activities and experience in on-board equipment, but also through its expertise in the fields of radio frequency and radio navigation. In addition, ECA now gains operations in the field of space, an area where several companies within the Group could promote their expertise. Lastly, ELTA's solutions are rolled out to hundreds of airlines, which significantly expands the Group's sales network among aircraft operators.
Accordingly, there are multiple synergies between ECA and ELTA, both from a technological and commercial perspective. This new entity will enable the Group to:
- Promote ECA's specific skills in embedded equipment to major aerospace manufacturers;
- Develop a more comprehensive offer in the space industry, specifically the ground support and on-board sectors;
- Market ECA's test, repair and maintenance equipment to five times more airlines worldwide;
- Promote ELTA's expertise to ECA's major clients;
- Pool the technological expertise and solutions of ECA and ELTA with a view to developing future product ranges.
ELTA becomes a subsidiary of ECA AEROSPACE and will enjoy the support of this company, which pools certain support functions (business development, HR, finance, etc.) within the Aerospace division.
The ECA Group's complete aerospace offer will be presented at the International Paris Air Show (Hall 2b - F108) from June 19 to 25, 2017.